top of page

You may still need to lodge a Tax Return

Did you know that low income earners may still need to lodge a tax return. One common misunderstanding is that if your income is under the tax free threshold of $18,200 that you do not need to lodge a tax return.

In some cases you do.

They include if you:

  • had pay as you go (PAYG) withheld from payments you received during the year

  • had a reportable fringe benefits amount on your PAYG payment summary

  • had reportable employer superannuation contributions on your PAYG payment summary

  • made a loss or can claim a loss made in a previous year

  • were an Australian resident for tax purposes and had exempt foreign employment income and $1 or more of other income

  • are entitled to the private health insurance rebate but did not claim your correct entitlement as a premium reduction

  • were a liable or recipient parent under a child support assessment unless you received one or more Australian Government allowances, pensions or payments for the whole year and your income was less than $24,535

  • operated a business as a sole trader under an ABN

For more information please see the ATO's guide "do I need to lodge a tax return for 2018"

Our PAYG Tax Returns are only $99.

If you require a NIL lodgement return we can process this for $25 (no limit on how many years are involved)

For further information or to book an appointment please call us on 07 5502 6673

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page